||In March, 1918, the 6th Casualty Clearing Station to Houchin, and the British Cemetery were opened. From April to September the German advance made Houchin unsafe for hospitals, and the Cemetery was used by the 55th (West Lancashire) Division; 432 British and Dominion burials in the Cemetery belong to that Division, and recall the part it played in the Battles of the Lys. In September, 1918, the 6th Casualty Clearing Station returned to Houchin, and in October it was joined by the 15th.
There are now over 700, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site.
The Cemetery covers an area of 2,407 square metres and is enclosed by a curb.