||BUFFS ROAD CEMETERY, ST. JEAN-LES-YPRES, Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
||The cemetery is located to the North East of the town of Ieper. From the station turn left and drive along M.Fochlaan to the roundabout, turn right and go to the next roundabout. Here turn left into M.Haiglaan and drive to the next roundabout. Here turn right into Oude Veurnestraat, this then changes into Diksmuidseweg and Brugseweg. Drive along this road and continue straight over the traffic lights to the end of the road. At the T junction turn left (still Brugseweg) and continue along this road through the village of Sint-Jan (N313).
Follow this road to the end. You come to the junction with the N38, straight across this junction into Hogeziekenweg. After 50 metres the road bends sharply to the left, the cemetery is approx 150 metres after the bend on the right hand side.
||During the 1914-18 War, "Buffs Road" was the name given by the British Army to a small lane just to the north of the hamlet of Wieltje.
The cemetery was made and used by fighting units (in particular by the 12th, 13th and 14th Royal Sussex and the Royal Artillery) in July, 1917-March, 1918; and after the Armistice graves were brought into it (Row EE and part of Row B) from the battlefields. The grave of one Belgian soldier has been removed.
There are now nearly 300, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 80 are unidentifed and ten graves destroyed by shell fire are represented by special memorials.
The Cemetery covers an area of 1,269 square metres and is enclosed by a low red brick wall.
The body of one British officer, who fell in 1915, was brought to this cemetery from Brielen Churchyard.