||Brandhoek New Military Cemetery No 3 is located 6.5 km west of Ieper town centre, on the Zevekotestraat, a road leading from the N308 connecting Ieper to Poperinge.
From Ieper town centre the Poperingseweg (N308), is reached via Elverdingsestraat then directly over two small roundabouts in the J. Capronstraat. The Poperingseweg is a continuation of the J. Capronstraat and begins after a prominent railway level crossing.
6 km along the N308, after passing the village of Vlamertinge and just beyond the church in the hamlet of Brandhoek lies the left hand turning onto the Grote Branderstraat. After crossing the N38 Westhoekweg, the first right hand turning leads onto the Zevekotestraat. The cemetery is located 300 metres along the Zevekotestraat on the left hand side of the road, beyond the N38 dual carriageway, which it is necessary to cross.
||During the War, Brandhoek was within the comparatively safe area which ended at Vlamertinghe Church, and Field Ambulances were posted there continuously. The Military Cemetery was opened early in May, 1915, in a field adjoining the Dressing Station, and closed in July, 1917. In July, 1917, the casualties of the British offensive in Flanders and the arrival of the 32nd, 3rd Australian and 44th Casualty Clearing Stations made it necessary to open the New Military Cemetery, 300 metres away. The graves in this Cemetery are of July and August, 1917. This was filled in the middle of August, 1917, and the New Military Cemetery No. 3, opposite the New Military, was opened. No. 3 was closed in May, 1918.
There are now nearly 1,000, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site.
The cemetery covers an area of 3,500 square metres. The gates of the Cemetery were presented by Mr. G. H. Strutt, whose son, Lieut. A. H. Strutt, is buried in Plot IV.